Thursday, February 17, 2011

pretty please

I'm laying in bed.  Justin is out watching TV.
I emailed him a link to a stroller that matches my new Timi and Leslie bebe bag that he got me for Valentines Day.  Fifteen seconds later I hear a loud sigh come from the living room.
I mean, it matches.
I am very lucky to have a husband that wants to spoil me when we have a little bit of money to do so.
I am so so very grateful for everything he does for our little family.
He is a hard working money maker.  The money maker, as I am staying at home with Evelyn.
We had dinner with a few friends from his work the other night and I was asked "So Marissa, what did you do today?"
I responded with an honest answer of what ever it was I did yesterday (tummy time, back time, practicing Evelyn's skills, hours dedicated to feeding my little piglet, nap time, shower, language practice (which is basically me making vowel sounds and seeing what she comes up with to respond)...etc etc)
Me and four men in their late 20's; I realized the subject had been changed and conversation had moved on before I was done talking about my day with Evelyn. 
Oh well.
I thought I had a pretty good day.
Anyway, I think my mom and sister are the only people that can truly appreciate my daily activities I plan out for my baby and I.
I really try to make the most out of our daylight hours because lately she has decided on a firm bedtime of no later than 7:30pm.
Justin barely gets to see her anymore during the week and when he does it's not the happy baby he see's in my pictures throughout the day.
From 5 to bedtime Evelyn means business. It's one boob, then rice cereal (with no messing around), bath time, lotion/dancing/pj time, then the other boob, then mama rocks her to sleep.
If you try to distract her from this strict schedule she is a very pissed off little girl.
So Justin stays out of our way for the most part when he gets home from work.
They are best friends on the weekend though when I want to sleep in a little later.

Again, my husband loves me.  I am spoiled.  Lucky ducky me,

No comments:

Post a Comment